CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY
The goal of the Library’s policy is to maintain a safe and healthy
environment conducive to study, programs, and enjoyable use of the
• We expect our customers to attend to personal belongings. The
Library is not responsible for personal belongings left unattended in
• Select areas of the Library are designated quiet areas.
• The Library reserves the right to limit the size and number of items
brought into the building.
• Drinks with lids are allowed in the Library. Food is allowed in
The following behaviors are prohibited in the Library:
• Harassing or annoying others through noisy or boisterous activities,
by staring at another person with the intent to annoy that person, by
following another person about the building or by behaving in a manner
which reasonably can be expected to disturb other patrons.
• Entering the Library without a shirt or other covering of their
upper bodies or without shoes or other footwear. Patrons whose bodily
hygiene is offensive so as to constitute a nuisance to other persons
and a disruption to the Library environment.
• Loud, continuous crying or screaming; running, or throwing objects.
• Leaving children under the age of 10 unattended. Neglecting to
provide supervision of children.
• Bringing animals, other than service animals, into the building
without prior approval of Library Administration.
• Soliciting; or distributing materials without prior approval from
• Monopolizing/obstructing space, seating, tables or equipment to the
exclusion of others.
• Prolonged or chronic sleeping.
• Defacing or damaging any Library materials, equipment, furniture; or
interfering with the operation of Library equipment. • Photographing
staff or patrons without permission.
• Misusing restrooms. Smoking, bathing, hair-washing and doing
laundry are not acceptable.
• Bringing bicycles, scooters, or shopping carts inside the building.
Skateboards or skates must be carried if brought into the Library.
• Refusing to comply with requests by members of the Library staff to
abide by Library policies may result in revocation of Library
privileges, expulsion from the Library, or criminal prosecution. Any
person banned from the Library by action of the staff may request a
hearing on the propriety of that ban before the Library Board at its
next regularly scheduled meeting.